1. On Nov.15, 2020, Miss. Qian Cheng received The Best Poster Award at Biomaterials2020 in Shanghai, China. Way to go, Qian!
2. In Nov. 2020, Prof. R Wang was elected as a fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC) in the United Kingdom. Founded in 1841, RSC (www.rsc.org) is the oldest chemical society in the world, with more than 54,000 members and 1,700 fellows (including around 75 Nobel Laureates). Achieving fellow status in the chemical profession denotes to a high level of accomplishment as a professional chemist. Kudos to RW!
3. On Nov.10, 2020, Mr. Xiangjun Zhang passed his Ph.D. dissertation defense. Prof. Jianxiang Zhang from Third Military Medical University is greatly appreciated for joining us online and providing his support! Congrats, Dr. Zhang! Well done!
4. On Oct. 7, 2020, Prof. Ruibing Wang, joined by Prof. Simon Lee and Dr. Cheng Gao, won the third prize of Macau Science and Technology Award 2020, in the Technological Invention Award category!!! Meanwhile, Miss Qian Cheng received the highest honor for graduate students in Macau, Macau Scientific and Technological R&D Award for Postgraduates in 2020! Bravo!
5. On August 10, 2020, Mr. Tianlei Sun and Ms. Jianwen Wei passed their Ph.D. and M.Sc. dissertation defenses, respectively. Congrats, Dr. Sun and Jianwen!
6. On July 1, 2020, Ms. Cheryl passed her M.Sc. dissertation defense. Congrats, Cheryl!
7. On June 11, 2020, Nature Review Cardiology highlighted our recent publication at Nature Communications, Kudos to the team of students who were involved in this study. For the detail of the highlight at NRC, go to https://www.nature.com/articles/s41569-020-0404-x.
8. On June 8, 2020, for the first time during the pandemic (since Jan 2020) we successfully held our group meeting offline. All group members are safe, happy and healthy!
9. On December 13, 2019 Prof. Feihe Huang and his research group from ZJU visited us and had a UM-ZJU joint group meeting together. Students from both groups had wonderful and fruitful discussions.
10. On December 12, 2019 Ms. Cheryl and Ms. Amy both received the Best Poster awards at “The 20th General Assembly of the Federation of Asian Chemistry Societies and The 18st Asian Chemistry Congress” in Taipei. Congrats, Cheryl and Amy.
Selected Publications………………………………….…….……read more
1.Shuwen Guo, Qiaoxian Huang, Yuan Chen, Jianwen Wei, Jun Zheng, Leyong Wang, Yitao Wang and Ruibing Wang,* “Synthesis and Bioactivity of Guanidinium‐Functionalized Pillararene as a Biofilm Disruptor,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2020, DOI: 10.1002/anie.202013975, in press.
2. Chen Sun, Ziyi Wang, Ludan Yue, Qiaoxian Huang, Qian Cheng and Ruibing Wang,* “Supramolecular Induction of Mitochondrial Aggregation and Fusion,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2020, 142, 16523.
3. Cheng Gao, Qian Cheng, Jianwen Wei, Chen Sun, Siyu Lu, Cheryl H.T. Kwong, Simon M.Y. Lee, Zhiyuan Zhong* and Ruibing Wang,* “Bioorthogonal supramolecular cell-conjugation for targeted hitchhiking drug delivery,” Materials Today, 2020, DOI: 10.1016/j.mattod.2020.05.023, in press.
4. Cheng Gao, Qiaoxian Huang, Conghui Liu, Cheryl H.T Kwong, Ludan Yue, Jian-Bo Wan, Simon M. Y. Lee* and Ruibing Wang,* “Treatment of atherosclerosis by macrophage-biomimetic nanoparticles via targeted pharmacotherapy and sequestration of proinflammatory cytokines,” Nature Communications, 2020, 11, 2622.
5. Chenwen Li, Yang Zhao, Juan Cheng, Jiawei Guo, Qixiong Zhang, Xiangjun Zhang, Jiong Ren, Fengchao Wang, Jun Huang, Houyuan Hu, Ruibing Wang,* and Jianxiang Zhang*, “A Proresolving Peptide Nanotherapy for Site-Specific Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease by Regulating Proinflammatory Microenvironment and Gut Microbiota,” Advanced Science, 2019, 6, 1900610.
6. Sébastien Combes, Khoa Truong Tran, Mehmet Menaf Ayhan, Hakim Karoui, Antal Rockenbauer, Alain Tonetto, Valérie Monnier, Laurence Charles, Roselyne Rosas, Stéphane Viel, Didier Siri, Paul Tordo, Sylvain Clair, Ruibing Wang,* David Bardelang,* and Olivier Ouari,* “Triangular regulation of cucurbituril 1:1 complexes,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2019, 141, 5897.
7. Cheng Gao, Qiaoxian Huang, Qingping Lan, Yu Feng, Fan Tang, Maggie P.M. Hoi, Jianxiang Zhang, Simon M. Y. Lee,* and Ruibing Wang,* “A user-friendly herbicide derived from photo-responsive supramolecular vesicles,” Nature Communications, 2018, 9, 2967.