About the PI
Professor Ruibing WANG
Fellow, Royal Society of Chemistry
Associate Professor, Programme Director (State Key Laboratory)
SKL of Quality Research in Chinese Medicine, Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences
University of Macau, N22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau
- Ph.D. (2007) in Organic Chemistry, Queen’s University, Canada
Advisor: Prof. Donal H. Macartney, Professor of Chemistry
- B.Sc. (2002) in Chemistry (Gifted Class), Jilin University, China
Advisor: Prof. Bai Yang, Professor of Chemistry and Materials Science
- Aug 2019-Present, Associate Professor of Supramolecular Pharmaceutics and Nanomedicine, Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences,
University of Macau, Taipa, Macau SAR, China
- Oct 2014-Aug 2019, Assistant Professor of Supramolecular Pharmaceutics and Nanomedicine, Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences,
University of Macau, Taipa, Macau SAR, China
- Nov 2009-Oct 2014, Senior Scientist, BTG plc. (Canadian branch, formerly a part of Nordion Inc., now part of Boston Scientific), Ottawa, Canada
- May 2008–Nov 2009, Associate Research Officer (started as a Research Associate) at Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences,
National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Canada
- Aug 2007-May 2008, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry at Queen’s University, Canada
Awards and Honors
2020 Macau Science and Technology Awards (3rd Prize, Technological Invention Award), Macau
2019 2018-2019 Top 1% Reviewer in Cross-Fields by Publons
2019 2018-2019 Top 1% Reviewer in Chemistry by Publons
2019 Chinese Periodic Table of Young Chemist
2019 UM Teaching Excellence Award (only 1 awardee each year at UM), Macau
2019 China Macrocyclic Arenes and Supramolecular Chemistry Rising Star Award, China
2019 Faculty-Level Best Teacher Award, Macau
2018 Macau Science and Technology Awards (3rd Prize, Natural Science Award), Macau
2018 Faculty-Level Academic Award, Macau
2016 CNRS Visiting Professorship, Marseille, France
2013 BTG Business Excellerator Stage Award, Ottawa, Canada
2011 Nordion Business Excellerator Sprinter Award, Ottawa, Canada
2008 Outstanding Thesis Award at Queen’s, Kingston, Canada
2003-2007 Queen’s Graduate Awards, Kingston, Canada
2004-2007 Queen’s Conference Travel Awards, Kingston, Canada
2005-2006 Graduate Dean’s Doctoral Field Travel Grant at Queen’s, Kingston, Canada
2002 Outstanding Graduate of Jilin University, Changchun, China
1998-2002 Excellent Undergraduate Scholarship, Jilin University, Changchun, China
1998-2002 Excellent Student Leadership, Jilin University, Changchun, China
- Shuwen Guo, Qiaoxian Huang, Yuan Chen, Jianwen Wei, Jun Zheng, Leyong Wang, Yitao Wang and Ruibing Wang,* “Synthesis and Bioactivity of Guanidinium‐Functionalized Pillararene as a Biofilm Disruptor,” Angewandte Chemie, 2020, DOI: 10.1002/anie.202013975, in press.
- Chen Sun, Ziyi Wang, Ludan Yue, Qiaoxian Huang, Qian Cheng and Ruibing Wang,* “Supramolecular Induction of Mitochondrial Aggregation and Fusion,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2020, 142, 16523–16527 (selected as a Supplementary Cover Article).
- Qiaoxian Huang, Hong Zhao, Mingju Shui, Dong-Sheng Guo* and Ruibing Wang,* “Heparin Reversal by an Oligoethylene Glycol Functionalized Guanidinocalixarene,” Chemical Science, 2020, 11, 9623-9629.
- Cheng Gao, Qian Cheng, Jianwen Wei, Chen Sun, Siyu Lu, Cheryl H.T. Kwong, Simon M.Y. Lee, Zhiyuan Zhong* and Ruibing Wang,* “Bioorthogonal supramolecular cell-conjugation for targeted hitchhiking drug delivery,” Materials Today, 2020, DOI: 10.1016/j.mattod.2020.05.023, in press (selected as an Inside Cover Feature Article).
- Xue Yang, Ruibing Wang,* Anthony Kermagoret,* and David Bardelang,* “Oligomeric Cucurbituril Complexes: from Peculiar Assemblies to Emerging Applications,” Angewandte Chemie, 2020, 132, 21464 – 21476.
- Cheng Gao, Qiaoxian Huang, Conghui Liu, Cheryl H.T Kwong, Ludan Yue, Jian-Bo Wan, Simon M. Y. Lee* and Ruibing Wang,* “Treatment of atherosclerosis by macrophage-biomimetic nanoparticles via targeted pharmacotherapy and sequestration of proinflammatory cytokines,” Nature Communications, 2020, 11, 2622. Highlighted by Nature Review Cardiology, 2020.
- Chen Sun, Ludan Yue, Qian Cheng, Ziyi Wang and Ruibing Wang,* “Macrocycle-Based Polymer Nanocapsules for Hypoxia-Responsive Payload Delivery,” ACS Materials Letters, 2020, 2, 266-271.
- Chenwen Li, Yang Zhao, Juan Cheng, Jiawei Guo, Qixiong Zhang, Xiangjun Zhang, Jiong Ren, Fengchao Wang, Jun Huang, Houyuan Hu, Ruibing Wang,* and Jianxiang Zhang,* “A Proresolving Peptide Nanotherapy for Site-Specific Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease by Regulating Proinflammatory Microenvironment and Gut Microbiota,” Advanced Science, 2019, 6, 1900610.
- Sébastien Combes, Khoa Truong Tran, Mehmet Menaf Ayhan, Hakim Karoui, Antal Rockenbauer, Alain Tonetto, Valérie Monnier, Laurence Charles, Roselyne Rosas, Stéphane Viel, Didier Siri, Paul Tordo, Sylvain Clair, Ruibing Wang,* David Bardelang,* and Olivier Ouari,* “Triangular regulation of cucurbituril 1:1 complexes,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2019, 141, 5897 (selected as a Supplementary Cover Article).
- Cheng Gao, Qiaoxian Huang, Qingping Lan, Yu Feng, Fan Tang, Maggie P.M. Hoi, Jianxiang Zhang, Simon M. Y. Lee,* and Ruibing Wang,* “A user-friendly herbicide derived from photo-responsive supramolecular vesicles,” Nature Communications, 2018, 9, 2967.
- Songling Han, Siyu Chen, Lanlan Li, Jin Li, Huijie An, Hui Tao, Yi Jia, Shan Lu, Ruibing Wang,* and Jianxiang Zhang,* “Multiscale and Multifunctional Emulsions by Host-Guest Interaction-Mediated Self-Assembly,” ACS Central Science, 2018, 4, 600.
University and Faculty Services
Committee Member, UM Scholarship Committee, Nov. 2018-Present
Fellow, Chao Kuang Piu College, University of Macau, Oct. 2014-Present
Deputy Director, Editorial Office of Chinese Medicine, ISCM and University of Macau, Nov. 2016-Present
Coordinator, Social and Academic Affairs, Academic Staff Association at University of Macau, March, 2016-2018
Editorial Advisory Board Member, ACS Applied Bio Materials, Jan. 2020-Present
Editor, Journal of Nanomaterials, February 2012-Present
Editorial Board Member, Chinese Journal of Chemical Education (Chinese Core journal), Jan 2017-Present
Examiner for National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC)
Examiner for French National Research Agency (ANR)
Examiner for Czech Science Foundation (GACR)